Monday, September 10, 2012

Change-up

A change-up is a type of pitch in baseball, right? Where the ball looks like its going one way and then all of the sudden it goes the other.

Life has all kinds of change-ups. Some can be huge events like going to a new school, a divorce, a death in the family. Some can be small. You can ask a simple question and the answer could have a much larger effect on you than you thought it would. The things people say stick. Depending on the person it might stick forever.

I feel like my whole life is in a sort of "change-up" right now. Nothing huge has happened, i'm still me, always will be, but why do i feel this way? My friends are still close, but they're all different, they're all changing. I don't think i like it, but should i even care?? I am out of here after graduation because all these things that i thought were solid in my life are changing. Maybe all these small "change-ups" are having a more negative effect on me than a huge "change-up" would.

Going to college is what i would call a huge change. I want things to go back to the way they were, but i don't see it happening. I think college is what i need. Maybe some girls there can actually recognize the value of a person that cares about them. Everyone talks about living it up in high school, but my definition of living it up and the worlds definition are drastically different. People say they want a lot of friends when all they need are good friends. The saying "quality over quantity" is not even applicable to most people nowadays, at least concerning friendships.

No comments:

Post a Comment