Sunday, December 9, 2012

What do you want?

I want happiness. There's a million different roads that end up there, but mine isn't laid out in front of me. It's either under construction or I'm just in the wrong place. I'm not giving up though, I'm just going to drive til I find it. I had to write an essay on a prompt that said the purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to have lived and lived well and to make a difference. I completely disagreed with it. I think happiness is the most important. I think that being useful, to have lived and lived well, and to make a difference can all be components for happiness, but it depends on the person. One person's happiness could be completely different from another persons'.

Don't squander opportunities. Don't be lazy. Don't be pessimistic. A wise yolo-er once told me, "The angel of death could come at anytime, you're never going to know when." Even though this came from some random kid it struck a chord in me because it's true. Every day things could make a whole world of difference. Do something that you might not normally do for a change. Be open-minded. Be ambitious. Be happy. Be an old guy who is proud of himself.
Be this guy





No comments:

Post a Comment